Ranch Wedding – Lone Oak Ranch And Retreat
Situated on 80 picturesque acres, Lone Oak Ranch and Retreat is one of the premier Texas ranch wedding venues. Their historic white wedding chapel is the perfect setting for a romantic ceremony. Three picturesque outdoor sites are available for outdoor ceremonies.
Ranch Wedding at Lone Oak Ranch and Retreat
Located in Gainesville, TX, the ranch is just a quick 30 minute drive from Denton. Myriad indoor and outdoor sites are available for ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, and wedding receptions. In addition to being a great ranch wedding venue, Lone Oak is perfect for a rustic wedding.
Indoor Wedding Ceremonies
The postcard perfect “little white wedding chapel” is the centerpiece of this Texas ranch. Built in 1880 the chapel has been completely modernized without losing its charm. It has wooden pews, wooden floors, and white walls. A large wooden cross hangs on the altar wall. The bell tower chimes to celebrate the ceremony. The chapel is available as a back drop for bridal and engagement photos. In addition to the historic wedding chapel, the Star Ballroom is also a favorite for ceremonies.
Outdoor Wedding Ceremonies
Three scenic locations on the ranch are available for outdoor weddings. All three are ideal for a rustic.
1) The Grove is situated underneath a canopy of beautiful oak trees. A large wooden cross is tucked in between the trees. White lights are sprinkled throughout the trees. Seating capacity is 500.
2) The Wagon Wheel. A panorama of trees serve as the back drop for this popular location. The ceremony is held on an elevated wooden stage surrounded by a gorgeous cedar arbor. The arbor can be decorated with drapery, flowers or greenery. The location lends itself to a variety of decorating styles. The Wagon Wheel is perfect for a sunset ceremony. Seating capacity is unlimited.
3) The Chapel Lawn. The chapel serves as the background for a romantic ceremony. The steeple bell is rung after the couple exchange wedding vows. It can seat up to 300 guests.
Rehearsal Dinners and Receptions
Lone Oak Ranch and Retreat offers an array of settings for ranch style rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions.
1) The Ballroom. Traditionally it is selected by the bride and groom for its sophistication and subtle western theme. Elegant chandeliers hang from the ceiling. The large room can be decorated to your taste. There is a stage for a DJ or band, and plenty of room for dancing. A favorite among guests is the antique saloon style bar. Seats 300. Dines 250.
2) Pool House. This unique setting is ideal for an indoor/outdoor bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, or reception. It has a cozy, log-cabin feel, complete with fireplace, stained floors, and double doors that open to a beautiful pool. Seats 110 and dines 92.
3) Rodeo Cafe. For a good ole western theme check out the Rodeo Cafe. The venue is decorated with memorabilia, photos and authentic bucking-shoot doors. Located in the center of downtown Lone Oak it is a unique site for rehearsal dinners or weddings. Seats 160; dines 130.
4) Theater. Recently renovated, the western style Theater with spacious windows is ideal for a rehearsal dinner. Seats up to 80; dines 55
5) Carriage House. This charming white guesthouse is perfect for an intimate rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, or bachelorette party. The house has a large porch and full kitchen. Dines up to 20.
6) The Grove. The Grove is a picturesque outdoor venue and dines up to 250.
7) Covered Arena. The Covered Arena is a very unique setting for a large wedding or quincinera. Seats 2400; dines 1800
Whether you are looking for a Texas ranch wedding venue or rustic site, Lone Oak Ranch and Retreat offers up a good helping of both. If you have never traveled into this ranch country I suggest you treat yourself to a tour of their facility. While it’s only a short distance outside DFW, it feels like you are worlds away.
Lone Oak Ranch and Retreat
8484 South FM 372
Gainesville, TX 76240
Please tell Oak Lone Ranch and Retreat that you found them on WeddingWishes.com. Thank You!
Lone Oak Ranch and Retreat Reviews:
The overall outcome (of the wedding) was a success and I can’t thank you enough. Your staff is friendly and great to work with. It was nice seeing it all come together.
Amazing staff who bend over backwards to meet any and all of your needs. Special thanks and kudos for making last minute accomodation changes when unexpected situations came up.